Police are appealing for more information as an investigation continues into criminal damage reported to a black Vauxhall Vectra in a car park in Newport on the Isle of Wight.
The damage took place in a car park on the Dodnor Industrial Estate opposite Newey & Eyre between 3pm and 3.30pm on Sunday, May 1, 2011.
Whilst the car was parked at the location, it’s alleged someone has:
- snapped off the car’s aerial.
- smashed the rear offside light cluster.
- smashed the front nearside passenger window.
- kicked the dashboard where the airbag is, causing a dent.
- smashed the rear view mirror and snapped it off the windscreen.
- snapped the indicator stems.
- broken off both wing mirrors.
Investigating officer PC Jeff Rogers of the Isle of Wight’s Targeted Patrol Teams (TPT) said: “It appears no attempt was made to steal the vehicle or its contents. Other lines of enquiry have been pursued over the past month, and I’m still appealing to hear from anyone who saw the damage or any people acting suspiciously on the Dodnor Industrial Estate in Newport during the afternoon of Sunday, May 1st.”
Please contact PC Jeff Rogers at Newport Police Station by phoning 101 or emailing http://www.hampshire.police.uk/Internet/contact/message_officer.htm.
From outside Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, call police on 0845 045 45 45. Mini-Com users can call the police on 01962 875000. Information can be given anonymously by calling the Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111